By J. M. van der Laan
Read Online or Download Narratives of Technology PDF
Best sociology books
While sociology emerged as a self-discipline within the overdue 19th century, the matter of crowds constituted one in all its key issues. It was once argued that crowds shook the rules of society and led members into every type of irrational behaviour. but crowds weren't simply anything to be fought on the street, additionally they shaped a battleground over how sociology could be demarcated from similar disciplines, such a lot significantly psychology.
Slave rebellions were studied in huge aspect, yet this quantity examines different styles of slave resistance, targeting runaway slaves and the groups a few of them shaped. those essays convey us who the runaways have been, recommend whilst and the place they went, and who harboured them.
Indian diaspora has had a fancy and multifaceted position in catalyzing, justifying and selling a reworked city panorama in India. Focussing on Kolkata/ Calcutta, this e-book analyses the altering landscapes during the last 20 years of 1 of the world’s such a lot interesting and iconic towns. formerly larger identified as a result of its post-Independence decline into overcrowded poverty, toxins and melancholy, lately it has event a revitalization that echoes India’s renaissance as an entire within the new millennium.
Gender for the struggle nation is the 1st scholarly research into the written works of U. S. girls strive against veterans in twenty-first century wars. newest experiences quantify army participation, displaying what percentage ladies perform armed providers and what their stories are in a historically “male establishment.
- Remaking the Urban Social Contract: Health, Energy, and the Environment (The Urban Agenda)
- Sociology for AQA Revision Guide 1: AS and 1st-Year A Level
- Nuclear Family Values, Extended Family Lives: The Power of Race, Class, and Gender (Framing 21st Century Social Issues)
- Joining the Resistance
- Urban Futures for Central Canada: Perspectives on Forecasting Urban Growth and Form (Heritage)
- The Social Background of a Plan: A Study of Middlesbrough: Volume 11 (International Library of Sociology)
Extra info for Narratives of Technology
Narratives of Technology by J. M. van der Laan