By Pinar Emiralioglu
Read Online or Download Geographical Knowledge and Imperial Culture in the Early Modern Ottoman Empire (Transculturalisms, 1400-1700) PDF
Best middle eastern history books
As a small state in a opposed area, Israel has made safeguard a best precedence. Tzalel takes a severe examine the naval department of Israel's security forces to contemplate its background, its functionality, and its total value to keeping nationwide safety. From a motley choice of unlawful immigrant ships operated ahead of the delivery of the kingdom, the Israelis have because the Nineteen Sixties demonstrated a contemporary army.
The function of torture in fresh Iranian politics is the topic of Ervand Abrahamian's vital and tense ebook. even though Iran formally banned torture within the early 20th century, Abrahamian offers documentation of its use lower than the Shahs and of the common usage of torture and public confession less than the Islamic Republican governments.
This is often the second one up-to-date variation of the 1st complete background of Lebanon within the sleek interval. Written through a number one Lebanese pupil, and in response to formerly inaccessible files, it's a interesting and beautifully-written account of 1 of the world's such a lot fabled nations. beginning with the formation of Ottoman Lebanon within the sixteenth century, Traboulsi covers the expansion of Beirut as a capital for exchange and tradition during the nineteenth century.
The query of id is one in every of present-day Israel's cardinal and such a lot urgent matters. In a complete exam of the identification factor, this research makes a speciality of attitudes towards the Jewish humans in Israel and the Diaspora; the Holocaust and its repercussions on id; attitudes towards the country of Israel and Zionism; and attitudes towards Jewish faith.
- Muslim Architecture of South India: The Sultanate of Ma'bar and the Traditions of Maritime Settlers on the Malabar and Coromandel Coasts (Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Goa) (Routledge Studies in South Asia)
- La soif de Jérusalem: Essai d'hydrohistoire (1840-1948) (Internationale) (French Edition)
- Higher Education Revolutions in the Gulf: Globalization and Institutional Viability (Routledge Advances in Middle East and Islamic Studies)
- Das Krisenjahr 1973: Der Jom-Kippur-Krieg und Gedankenspiele über eine Militärintervention in Saudi-Arabien (Vom Raketenschach der Kubakrise zum Krieg gegen den Terrorismus, Band 4) (German Edition)
- The End of the Ottoman Empire, 1908-1923 (Turning Points)
Additional info for Geographical Knowledge and Imperial Culture in the Early Modern Ottoman Empire (Transculturalisms, 1400-1700)
Geographical Knowledge and Imperial Culture in the Early Modern Ottoman Empire (Transculturalisms, 1400-1700) by Pinar Emiralioglu