By Paul Fieldhouse
An essential source for exploring nutrients and religion, this two-volume set bargains details on food-related non secular ideals, customs, and practices from round the world.
• presents updated authentic info, introduces thoughts of foodstuff as being greater than simply meals, and permits an figuring out of numerous non secular traditions and the significance of nutrients in people's lives
• comprises assurance of much less famous rituals and religions which are frequently skipped in global faith texts
• provides fabric in a manner that's available to readers with no earlier publicity to, or command of, sociological or anthropological language and concepts
Read or Download Food, Feasts, and Faith: An Encyclopedia of Food Culture in World Religions [2 volumes] PDF
Similar gastronomy books
The colourful curiosity in nutrients reports between either lecturers and amateurs has made meals historical past an exhilarating box of research. Taking inventory of 3 many years of groundbreaking multidisciplinary learn, the ebook examines vast questions: What has heritage contributed to the improvement of foodstuff reviews?
O, The Oprah Magazine's Cookbook of the MonthYahoo! Food's Cookbook of the WeekIn fortunate Rice, Danielle Chang, founding father of the pageant of a similar name—which brings evening markets, grand feasts, and dumpling-making classes to America's greatest cities—feeds our obsession for leading edge Asian food via a hundred recipes encouraged through various cultures.
The Gilded Age is well known for a number of purposes, together with its tradition of conspicuous intake one of the newly wealthy. within the area of meals, conspicuous intake manifested itself in appetites for dear dishes and indulgent dinner events. those acquired abundant exposure on the time, ensuing in a while in well-developed old depictions of upper-class consuming behavior.
Albuquerque�s advertisement brewing scene dates again to 1888, while the Southwestern Brewery & Ice corporation used to be introduced. It later churned out thirty thousand barrels of beer in line with 12 months and allotted through the quarter. approximately thirty years later, Prohibition halted brewing store for a quick comeback within the overdue Thirties.
- Rhode Island Clam Shacks (Images of America)
- Southern Classics An Historic Collection of Family Recipes: Elizabeth Ann Dickerson Karen Denise Smith
- Modern Kitchen
- Chop Suey: A Cultural History of Chinese Food in the United States
Extra resources for Food, Feasts, and Faith: An Encyclopedia of Food Culture in World Religions [2 volumes]
Food, Feasts, and Faith: An Encyclopedia of Food Culture in World Religions [2 volumes] by Paul Fieldhouse