By Lawrence K. Wang,Nazih K. Shammas,William A. Selke,Donald B. Aulenbach
By Jan De Boer,Clemens Van Blitterswijk,Peter Thomsen,Jeffrey Hubbell,Ranieri Cancedda,J.D. de Bruijn,Anders Lindahl,Jerome Sohier,David F. Williams,Joost de Bruijn ; Anders Lindahl ; Jerome Sohier ; David F. Williams ;
- Covers all of the necessities from tissue homeostasis and biocompatibility to cardiovascular engineering and regulations
- 22 chapters from the world over famous authors, offer a complete advent for engineers and existence scientists, together with biomedical engineers, chemical and approach engineers, fabrics scientists, biologists and clinical students
- Full color all through, with transparent improvement of realizing via widespread examples, experimental ways and the most recent examine and developments
By Michael C. Flickinger
By Stanley T. Crooke
Divided into 5 elements, the e-book starts off with a radical creation to the mechanism of antisense drug motion together with the RNase H mechanism, small RNA silencing pathways, and the aptitude therapeutics of splice switching oligonucleotides. best researchers show the fundamentals of oligonucleotide therapeutics partly by means of delineating medicinal chemistry, pharmacokinetics, and supply routes reminiscent of liposomal formulations for nucleic acid delivery. half 3 info hybridization established medications and considers the dramatic advances represented by means of 2’ methoxyethyl chimeric antisense inhibitors and duplex RNA medicinal drugs. different chemical sessions of substances and mechanisms of motion are defined partially 4 with extra discussions on enhancing the second one iteration antisense medications. the ultimate half delves deeply into healing functions. Contributing authors learn the potential for antisense medications for the relief of cardiovascular illnesses, metabolic illnesses, inflammatory illnesses, melanoma, neurological problems, and immune modulation.
Presenting a hugely exact, lucid dialogue of the awesome advances within the box, Antisense Drug know-how: rules, suggestions, and functions, moment Edition offers the platform for researchers to proceed to aggressively pursue the nice chance represented by way of this fascinating technology.
--This textual content refers back to the Hardcover edition.
By Peter N. Mascia,Jürgen Scheffran,Jack M. Widholm
By Kasthurirangan Gopalakrishnan,J. (Hans) van Leeuwen,Robert C. Brown
Sustainable Bioenergy and Bioproducts considers the new technological thoughts and rising techniques in biobased power construction and coproducts usage. every one bankruptcy in this booklet has been rigorously chosen and contributed through specialists within the box to supply a very good figuring out of many of the demanding situations and possibilities linked to sustainable creation of biofuel.
Sustainable Bioenergy and Bioproducts covers a huge and special variety of issues including:
construction ability of hydrocarbons within the plant state, algae, and microbes;
biomass pretreatment for biofuel production;
microbial gasoline cells;
sustainable use of biofuel co-products;
bioeconomy and transportation infrastructure affects and
evaluation of environmental hazards and the existence cycle of biofuels.
Researchers, practitioners, undergraduate and graduate scholars engaged within the examine of biorenewables, and individuals of the well-informed public will locate Sustainable Bioenergy and Bioproducts to be an invaluable and complete learn device, describing the cutting-edge and up to date advancements during this field.
By Virendra S. Bisaria,Akihiko Kondo
compatible for researchers, practitioners, graduate scholars and specialists in biochemical/ bioprocess engineering, commercial microbiology, bioprocess know-how, metabolic engineering, environmental technology and effort, the publication offers:
• Exemplifies the appliance of metabolic engineering techniques for improvement of microbial phone factories
• Provides a special standpoint to the in regards to the medical difficulties and their attainable suggestions in creating a bioprocess paintings for advertisement creation of commodity bioproducts
• Discusses the processing of renewable assets, akin to plant biomass, for mass creation of commodity chemical compounds and liquid fuels to fulfill our ever- expanding demands
• Encourages sustainable eco-friendly applied sciences for the usage of renewable resources
• bargains well timed strategies to aid tackle the strength challenge as non-renewable fossil oil will quickly be unavailable
By Hidenori Akiyama,Richard Heller
By Heather Miller,D. Scott Witherow,Sue Carson
This handbook is an integral software for introducing complicated undergraduates and starting graduate scholars to the ideas of recombinant DNA expertise, or gene cloning and expression. The suggestions utilized in simple study and biotechnology laboratories are lined intimately. scholars achieve hands-on event from begin to end in subcloning a gene into an expression vector, via purification of the recombinant protein.
The 3rd version has been thoroughly re-written, with new laboratory routines and all new illustrations and textual content, designed for a standard 15-week semester, instead of a 4-week in depth path. The “project method of experiments was once maintained: scholars nonetheless stick with a cloning undertaking via to crowning glory, culminating within the purification of recombinant protein. It takes benefit of the improved eco-friendly fluorescent protein - scholars can really visualize optimistic clones following IPTG induction.
- Cover easy innovations and methods utilized in molecular biology study labs
- Student-tested labs confirmed winning in a true lecture room laboratories
- Exercises simulate a cloning venture that will be played in a true examine lab
- "Project" method of experiments offers scholars an summary of the full process
- Prep-list appendix includes worthwhile recipes and catalog numbers, delivering employees with targeted instructions